The Astral Audio Experience returns as Allen Sale interviews directors Lucky McKee and Chris Sivertson about the film All Cheer Leaders Die. Several songs from the soundtrack are thrown in to spice things up!
SYNOPSIS: Teenage outsider Maddy is keeping some dark secrets and holding a serious grudge against the captain of the Blackfoot High football team. When Maddy joins the school’s elite and powerful cheerleading squad, she convinces her new friends to help inflict her revenge. After a late-night party goes awry, their plans take an unexpected turn for the worst and all of the girls die. A sinister, supernatural power intervenes and the girls mysteriously appear at school the next day with a killer new look… and some unusual new appetites.
- The Astral Audio Experience has a new theme song. “Adrenalize” by Century Media recording artist In This Moment.
- Allen likes this horror comedy a lot.
- What space opera film influenced All Cheerleaders Die? The answer may surprise you.
- This movie has quite a few shifts in tone. Think of them as mood swings; kind of like teenagers.
- The directors are open to the idea of crowd-funding for the sequel. However, they want you to rent it, purchase it, and tell your friends to do the same.
- How about that eclectic soundtrack! Gangsta!
- The Cast works well together.
- The film comes out on DVD and Blu-Ray Jul 22.
- “Medication” [Explicit] — All Day
- “Gangsta Cheer” – Mads Heldtberg
- “Look Out Young Son” – Grand Ole Party
- “Crushed” [Explicit] – IronAclass
- “Selena” — Shay Astar
- “F Yeah” [Explicit] — Sean Spillane & E. David Blaque
- “Take A Bite Of My Heart” — Sianoa
We are testing out a different format for the show to a degree. Drop a note in the comments about what you think of the episode. Thanks for listening.